Flickriver is a web-based Flickr viewer that allows viewing hundreds of photos quickly and easily, in one seamless 'river of photos' view - never needing to hit 'next' to load the next page.
As an alternative Flickr viewer Flickriver allows viewing photos taken by many different photographers, all of whom are Flickr members. You can always click on any photo to get to the corresponding Flickr page, where you can contact the photographer, add them as a contact etc. All photographs are copyrighted by their respective owners. Please see this FAQ for further explanation of how Flickriver works.
Flickriver is focused on providing the most seamless and fast photo viewing experience possible, keeping visual overload and bloat to the minimum. Because of its convenient viewing experience, Flickriver allows more people to discover and enjoy more photographs!
Flickriver enhances your photo browsing experience in several ways:
- River of photos - the photographs are always displayed as one continuous stream - you can view thousands of photos without ever needing to hit 'next' and waiting for the next page to load! This is also known as "infinite scroll". Check out my most interesting photos for an example
- Large images - size really matters when you truly want to appreciate the beauty of photography
- Black background - most photographs just look better on black - won't you agree?
- User most interesting photos - see other people's photos ordered by interestingness
- Most interesting Pool photos - see photos in any Pool ordered by interestingness
- Random order view - explore any user's or group's photos in random order
- Photos of user's contacts - see recent photos from contacts of any user
- Keyboard navigation
- space or j - next photo
- k - previous photo
- v - opens the original Flickr page for the currently visible photo
- z - zooms the currently visible photo
All photographs are copyrighted © by their respective owners.
Flickriver photo viewer software was created by Alex Sirota (aka iosart).
Since its launch in July 2007 Flickriver has been use by millions of people worldwide.
If you like Flickriver, please consider adding it to your favorite Flickr apps.
Follow @flickriver on Twitter
ImportantQuestion: Why am I seeing my photos on Flickriver?
Answer: Flickriver is simply an alternative Flickr viewer, and as such it displays Flickr photos using the official Flickr API - similarly to hundreds of other alternative Flickr viewers and tools.
Photos that appear in a Flickriver steam are not hosted by Flickriver - it is merely a viewer that reflects whatever Flickr provides it when our visitors ask it to.
Flickr have specific guidelines for viewers such as Flickriver and other applications that use their API - for example, once a viewer displays a Flickr photo, the photo must link back to its original Flickr page - so there can be no misunderstanding about the image origin, author or copyright. As you can see, Flickriver is absolutely compliant with this guideline. You can read the official Flickr FAQ about this here and here.
Flickr allows you to opt out from third party services having access to your photos using Flickr API. You can opt out on this page by selecting both:
- Hide your photostream from searches on 3rd party sites that use the API
- Your profile - hide me from searches
Question: Does Flickriver allow other people to see my private photos?
Answer: No - Flickriver only displays public Flickr photos to the public. If you login to Flickriver (authorize Flickriver to access your Flickr), you'll be able to see your own private photos, and also photos your contacts shared with you, but for everyone else these photos are not visible on Flickriver, exactly as they are not visible to them on Flickr.com.
Note: Flickriver uses the Flickr API but is not endorsed or certified by Flickr.